Sunday, February 8, 2009

Splashup and Grunge Textures- A Good Combination

I like Splashup. I hardly know how to use it, but what parts I do know how to use come in handy sometimes. 
If you don't already know, Splashup is a sort of online photoshop. You can add layers, paint, add text, crop, and do much more. 
I recently discovered how to add layers to my photos. I went to Grunge Textures, and picked out of few shots of cracked cement, rusty steel, and caked mud. Sound nice? 
I layered them in Splashup, then altered them a bit in iPhoto. Some of the results were a little wild and unrealistic, but I posted them on here anyway for you to see:
This one is my favorite out of the three.

Hmm. I liked this one, but it is getting a bit to Americana for me. Reminds me of a watercolored puzzle.
I am skeptical of this one. I love the way the texture turned out, it just looks so- ordinary. Again, I've got the "watercolored Hallmark card" problem.


I decided this one didn't need a texture added. Don't ask me why I took a picture of my shadow. I guess there just wasn't anything else to shoot.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very spiffy! I love them all! The shadow is very awesome too! Great job!!!

Katie said...

I love the shadow one! And the first one too. You're really good with pictures.

natalie said...

thanks:)

andré jerome said...

"Splashup"sounds like "sketchup