Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Tag

      I'm not a person who is generally interested in tags. However, I spotted one on Ellie's and Autumn's blog recently, that was, shall I say, "open ended." 

Which means that I have the freedom to mine up any random thing about myself, instead of describing the weather outside.

I've simply listed random facts about myself, or things I'd just like to say:



1- My least favorite movie is titled Harry and The Hendersons. With a plot concerning “Sasquatch,” and lady with fluffy eighties-hair, it kind of figures, right? It should figure. Don’t ask me why we watched that particular specimen.


2-  The most ironic thing I have seen lately, is an advertisement for a tutoring service in the paper. The “student of the month,” was pictured wearing a shirt with the following phrase printed on it:


                           spelling iss mi besst subjekt


Or something to that effect. Oh attitude shirts... They always catch up to you eventually.


2. I often judge a book by its cover. 

3. I like listening to harpsichord concertos, among other things, when I exercise.

4. I’m slightly annoyed when I’m browsing blogs, and some music starts blaring- and I can’t figure out which page it's coming from.


5. The one book I would like to recommend to everyone at the moment is titled The Fallacy Detective, by brothers Nathaniel and Hans Bluedorn. Yes, it does have a hound in a trench coat (with a magnifying glass) on the cover, but that's no excuse to not read the book. After reading a good part of that text, my family has discovered how amusing (and easy) it is to spot logical fallacies made by politicians, the general populace, and ourselves. Despite the hound in the trench coat, this book has no age limit.


You are encouraged not only to read the aforementioned book, but also to tag six other people.




24 comments:

SuperAngel said...

I remember that movie. It was really dumb! haha.

The Fallacy Detective is a good book. We read it for school a couple years ago.

Thanks for coming by! ;) I do not mind at all that you grabbed my icon!
I am encouraged you enjoy my site.
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Anonymous said...

LOL! Very interesting facts!

Miss Ellie said...

lol I saw that same picture in the paper:P

Miss Ellie said...

"This is the year of the slow sample ladies!" I love it:)

natalie said...

can you guess which brother said it????

Autumn said...

I saw that picture too in the paper! It was really funny:)

Ellie Degenhart said...

That is totally a Louis thing!

natalie said...

Uh, actually, this one wasn't from Louis. I don't fault you for thinking that, though.

natalie said...

Well it wasn't me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie,

I wanted to let you know that I've moved to a public blog, and I won't be posting on my blogger one anymore ... I'd be honored if you would like to check it out~

http://www.misskylie412.wordpress.com

Thanks!
~Kylie

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie~

Thanks for stopping by! I've actually moved (again)... blush

My NEW-ish blog is http://www.reflections412.wordpress.com

Instead of the misskylie412 one.

Thanks!
~Kylie

Anonymous said...

There are a lot worse movies than Harry and the Hendersons.

natalie said...

I'm sure there are. Just my personal "unfavorite."

Anonymous said...

That was great what you wrote on Ellie's blog (comment). ;)

Ellie Degenhart said...

Thanks for the comment you lift on my blog! I greatly appreciated that!

SuperAngel said...

Thanks for coming by! That is funny you used to hit under the table! haha!
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com

Anonymous said...

have you ever seen Pete the Magic Dragon,it's a lot dumber than Harry and the Hendersons.

natalie said...

Thank you anonymous... You have just mentioned a movie that annoys me very much... By the way, does Harry and the Hendersons happen to be your favorite movie? Just wondering.

Anonymous said...

no way.

Anonymous said...

no.

natalie said...

Anonymous, who are you?

Jessica said...

I'm having a giveaway over at Chickiva!

www.chickiva-blog.blogspot.com

Ellie Degenhart said...

22 comments! I think I will take your and Jessica's example and start not posting lol

Jessica said...

Hey I'm getting better!!