Friday, September 18, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Eeek! It's almost fall!


(Not my apple tree!)

On another topic......
I was award the Honest Scrap Award by Sarah.

So I have to tell 10 things about myself. 

Here are the rules:
1. Say thanks and link to the person who gave you the award
. Thanks Sarah!
2. Share ten "honest" things about yourself.
3. Award this to seven people who's blog design/content I admire or who have encouraged me, and inform them of their win and of the rules of this award.



Okay....here goes.



  • I despise cottage cheese. Never liked the texture.
  • I'm obsessed with quotes by Chesterton, Churchill, and C.S. Lewis. It's become of hobby....collecting quotes and stuff. Odd, I know.
  • NFL practically puts me into a coma.
  • Rarely do I like contemporary piano music.....unless it's in a good movie soundtrack.
  • I REFUSE TO MISUSE THE WORD "AWESOME." Sorry, no can do.
  • I love thrift store shopping. Most of my favorite clothes are from used places. (Though I've found many things that still have the tags on them.) I love hunting for things and the satisfation of being economical. I've found stuff at used stores that I've never seen anywhere else. Plus there's part of me that says "Ha! See, it is possible to defy the materialistic trend of buying tons of new stuff we don't need!"  
  • I've been singing for a little over 2 1/2 years. Every year I participate in a recital where I do silly things like dress up like a maid, screech Italian, and pick up bananna peels. Strange, I know.
  • If I could learn only three languages.....I'd pick Arabic, Spanish and German. Or maybe French instead of German. I love the idea of writing all those fascinating Arabic characters. Spanish would be the most practical. And German and French just sound great:) BUT- I forgot! The glories of Greek and Latin! Oh never mind, I'll never narrow this list down......
  • Only two authors have made me cry or almost cry. Dickens and Homer. And I'm not kidding about that last one. Seriously. The Iliad is so sad....And Dickens? Yeah, that kind of figures. How could you not love his characters?
  • My perfectionistic attitude often causes me problems. Unfortunately.


Hmmm.....seven people:




Have a wonderful weekend!

Natalie

3 comments:

Cait said...

Thanks Natalie!

I've been 'officially' singing for roughly 3 years too. Love it! And it's a primary reason why Italian is on my language wishlist. Yay Arabic ;) I'd love to learn French though, for real. Up until recently I couldn't stand it but now it sounds beautiful.

Loved your market pictures. Those are always my favorite.

love,
Cait

Elizabeth J. said...

Natalie, thanks for the award!! =^)

Another blogger tagged me before and you can read it here http://footprintsinthesand365.blogspot.com/2009/09/ill-be-honest-and-it-might-be-painful.html

Anonymous said...

Nice award!

Kinsey